Sunday, July 26, 2009

Navigating the party waters...

Went to a grad party for a great friend who just got her Ph (freakin')D in nursing [HUGE congratulatory shout out to "Doctah D"... you rock!].  I successfully navigated the food table *yeah*... it's amazing how my thought processes regarding food are so different now.  I was formerly a junkie for the sweets, and seeing the decadent cake, and the cookies and all... I guess I liked the idea of those things, but there was absolutely no temptation to eat them, as I was unwilling to pay the price of eating it.  Seeing the heaped plates of other party goers was almost nauseating to me.  The thought that I would have had a similarly piled plate pre-surgery certainly does not escape me, but knowing that consuming even a fraction of what was on the average plate would have me "yowling in despair"... is just so unreal!  The notion that the "heaped plate" me and the "tiny portion" me... are the same person... amazes me just the same.  

1 comment:

  1. So, I had a little computer time (and energy) and thought I'd become a "follower" of your blog. Not that I haven't read it in the past, but I thought you might want to KNOW I am interested in all you are sharing/going through.

    I would have joined sooner, but the title threw me off...never really been much for following... :) heehee You ROCK out loud! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete