Monday, May 3, 2010

Time Flies...

Captainsblog, Stardate: 63802.3
Wow - today marks 11 months since surgery.  There have been so MANY changes, it's hard to know where to start!  
  • Over the weekend I participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.  I walked it, I'm not a runner, but I had fun, I finished and I didn't feel like I was going to keel over. I actually walked slower than my norm, to stay with some of my team mates.  So the ability to be more physically active, and have increased stamina - big change
  • Totally different wardrobe.  I have a few pieces I can't bring my self to send to Goodwill, but the clothes I wear, are all different
  • New daily patterns of activity.  There is more cooking going on and much less use of processed/prepared foods... very little fast food so we have to make our own stuff, which is way healthier anyway... just takes time to do that.  Also there are more physical activities in the daily pattern... more exercise... more physical interaction with the world.
  • Different patterns of mind regarding food... I see a dessert and think, oh that looks good, but I don't think "I'm going to have some of that I'll "be good" tomorrow. I no longer define myself as being good or bad in terms of food like I used to.   I KNOW that eating more than a bite or 2 of whatever the temptation du jour is... will make me sick.  I don't want that to happen, so I'll either have that bite or two, or more often... just pass.  But the funny thing is I don't feel all depressed about it... I feel empowered, it was MY choice... not because some "diet" says I can't have it. 
  • New hair (you didn't seriously think I would not talk about the hair... didja?).  I got it cut short-short yesterday, the mid length was too much work, and I'm not all about fussin' with my hair.  LOVE the new do, but am a little sad that all of my hair accoutrements (and I have a TON... and some way cool ones) will just gather dust... sigh
Time flies when you are transforming your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment