Thursday, June 21, 2012

Carrots are good for you... right?


Well... that's what they say, isn't it???  I know that carrots pack a nutritional wallop - but I am here (thankfully) to testify, that they pack a wallop in other ways.   The previous post said I was recovering from a concussion.  Wellll.. since that time there have been two more.  Three concussions in as many weeks. The final blow - as it were - came from a can of carrots accidentally hurled from a grocery bag being swing around - not unlike that deadly weapon of the ancients... the sling.  Instead of a leather thong and cup, a plastic handle grocery bag... instead of a rock... yep... a can of carrots.               
So why, why, WHY is this posted on my WLS blog?  Well for me, the key factor in getting over a plateau, kick starting loss, or just maintaining... is exercise.  I have been sidelined by my doctor.  Her diagnosis Post Concussion Syndrome.  Her orders 4 - 6 weeks from the most recent injury - of WAY dialed back activity.  Full days of full weeks at work, not recommended. FMLA paperwork has been filed, just in case I need it. 

So my trusty bike, sits in the garage - a sad, sad thing for me!  I am not to exert or do anything dangerous (I was told that bungee jumping and skydiving, were out).  It is extremely hard for me to be sedentary, but I have no choice.  Its not only a matter of following doctor's orders... (my medical Dr. and the infamous Dr. Whatchamacallit) I myself know, it would not be safe. I am dealing with a month long disastrous headache, and big time vertigo among other delightful symptoms.  Sitting back and watching life go by... sitting and watching my Jen do all the heavy lifting, literally and metaphorically around the farm, and sitting and watching the summer prance by are unsettling, depressing and make great big sadness in my soul.  So I am relying on my buds, to safeguard me, from my own perception of what "rest" is... to remind me how serious this really is and that a brain injury - as "funny" as the circumstances by which you got it... is nothing to make light of.  Praying for patience and healing.

Keepin in real...

No comments:

Post a Comment