Monday, June 4, 2012

Year 3: In Review

Captainsblog, Stardate: 65891




Yesterday was my 3rd Re-Birth Day!
Wow, It's been a heck of a year, lots of triumphs and challenges to be sure!   I AM going to try to blog here more... I really am!


So year three, lets see...  my year three goals were:

  • Keep up this blog better - no, sure didn't but I am carrying this goal forward and have a strategy in place to do better!
  • Take a spin class - not yet
  • Integrate more exercise into my hectic schedule - might help with that whole extra skin around the middle thing, I have going on - LOL! - early in year three I was kicking this one's ass... and I haven't done AS well lately.
  • Climb a rock wall (carryover from year 2) - stil not yet - BUT Jen bought me a gift certificate to do this, for my birthday - so we'll be doing it!!!
  • Complete a century bike ride! - well, not a century - but we DID ride like 68 miles!
  • Tackle Mt. Baldhead - YES!
  • Get more creative with my food choices within the given parameters - I'm kinda in a rut - meat, cheese, eggs (and then repeat) - yes I have gotten more creative, incorporating more salads etc
  • Get more SLEEP! - Sometimes?!
My year 3 has been charged with LOTS of emotional stuff, some very challenging partings, that stressed me out - BIG time.  I fully admit that the stress levels created times when I turned back to long-established bad habits.  All I can claim, is an attack.. of being human.
I have paid the price in putting a few pounds back on, but... this is life, its a process, its not something at which you get to do something once, and if you don't do it perfectly, you are hosed.  So I am regrouping.  The past 2 months have seen a prolonged time of being sick, and I am now recovering from a concussion.  As soon as I feel stable and safe from dizziness, I am back on that bike! I miss it - Truly, I love getting on a rail trail , getting in the zone and just whoosh...


So in closing this post, what I'd say is this... while I am not where I want to be today... I AM so much better than I was, I have kept after it most of the time, have stumbled , and gotten up... I am absolutely dedicated to not, going back to where I once was... I am still a far, far cry 


So I guess I should post a year three pic, here you go:



Me, close to my heaviest, and me, 2 weeks ago - interesting that there was a ten year period of long hair, in between these two short haired pictures.  So looking at this - I guess I can cut myself a bit of a break, but only - a little one.

And YES my friends, i DO still miss my hair (those who have followed this blog know this is an ongoing lament - LOL).

Peace OUT My Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment