Thursday, December 3, 2009

Half-Birthday

Captainsblog - Stardate: 63389.2
Happy Half-Birthday to ME! Today is the 6 month anniversary of my surgery. Some of the things I have learned in this 6 months are as follows:
  • Going back to work after 2 weeks was probably a bit ambitious (but I survived)
  • Sugar is the devil (it really IS)
  • No matter what your brain and heart etc. may try to tell themselves, your stomach is the BOSS! Tummy aint happy... aint NOBODY happy!
  • Never underestimate the importance of supportive family and friends!
  • It feels really good, to FEEL good (to have energy and such)
  • My bones are NOT bigger than that (I used to look at those height/weight charts and say "oh hell my BONES are bigger than that!")
  • Portion control is EVERYTHING
  • Each day is a series of conscious choices regarding food and nutrition, what to eat, how much, does this have enough protein, does it have too much sugar???? I can never just shove food into my face without thinking about those things.
  • Hair loss sucks!
  • When you crave something... find a way to make it work within your guidelines. Case in point... I've been jonesing for ginger snaps... by reading labels, I found one that was not too bad I could have like 3... but they were just okay, not "OMG that's what I'm talkin' about!" So I kept looking and found Anna's Ginger Thins. I have a little bit of Breyer's carb smart vanilla ice cream, and a few of those (only ONE tiny gram of sugar per cookie) and they truly taste like honest to goodness ginger snaps... "That's What I'm TALKIN' about!"
  • That you are capable of much more than you may think!

No comments:

Post a Comment