Saturday, February 13, 2010

Go Pink!

Captainsblog, Stardate:63585.8

Many people in my life have been affected by breast cancer (and other cancers as well). I lost my Mom to breast cancer as well as Aunts and friends. I have 2 friends who are either undergoing treatment now, or are recovering from it. I am trying to increase my degree of physical fitness... so I have merged those interests together and am going to participate in the Susan g. Komen Race for the Cure in Mishawaka Indiana on May 1st. I've been training, increasing my activity and building stamina. I am part of an awesome team of Native American women and men, our families and friends. Follow the Pink Shawls link on the left, to learn more about our team, our effort and to support us if you are able . Training for this event has given me a focus and a goal that is not tied to losing a certain number of pounds. Doing this event has helped me to galvanize my intention and my efforts and is helping me to move forward. I know that this will be a very healing thing for our team! Go Pink Shawls!

No comments:

Post a Comment