Saturday, March 13, 2010

Upsides and Misc Ramblings...

Captainsblog, Stardate: 63662.3
 
 Some up sides in general:
  • I can actually FIND nice clothes in my size at Goodwill (now my 1st stop when shopping). I got two VERY nice shirts for work for $5.00 (for both) this week *score*
  • I can hike a 2.5 mile trail at the local state park in about 50 minutes, and not feel like I am going to collapse - I can actually ENJOY the walk.  That time included 2 short rest stops and several pauses for photo ops
  • And you thought you had heard the last of the great hair loss saga from me... when I whacked off my hair... huh?  Everyone loves the new do... and it does make it look like I have more hair (how does that work, whack off like 18 inches and looks like MORE hair... what?)  Well I discovered there IS an upside to hair loss... the hair on my legs is like WAY sparse now... so less to shave (when I'm of a mind to do that).
Miscellanea:
I find myself not getting too creative on my food intake at times... there are things that I know work well... so I stick with them.  For example every morning my breakfast consists of a protein bar (Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe) and a cup of herbal tea.  You might think OMG isn't that boring?  I prefer to frame it this way... in the morning when I'm just trying to get ready and get out of here, I don't have to think about it... I can autopilot through breakfast. I do need to get out there and explore some more recipes though for other meals.  Participating in the 60 day wellness challenge at Team Bariatrics will help me to do that (I'll be getting points for finding healthy recipes).

I have now lost about 88 pounds, people are asking me "do you plan on losing MORE... you look great right where you are?"  I'm still in the 170's so I'm not quite content with that. I'd be content about 13 pounds form now... anything beyond that... puts me in the bonus round - LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment